A short survey of applications and technology of Falcon radar detectors.
Microprocessor controlled radar detector for movement and speed detection applications at long distance range. Detects approaching and / or leaving vehicles and pedestrians (detection direction adjustable). Narrow detection zone with 12° x 17° antenna beam width. Parameter setting by the serial RS232 interface and manually through switches. If the adjustable speed threshold is exceeded the detector sets the signal output (relay) for an adjustable hold time. The detection distance range is adjustable in 5 steps.
- Speed warning signs
- Speed activated variable message signs (VMS)
- Wrong direction driver detection
- Railway surveillance
- Movement detection
- Economic replacement of inductive loops
- Sensor type: CW stereo-Doppler radar, planar module
- Type of detection: Movement
- Detected direction: uni- or bidirectional
- Antenna: 12° x 17° Patchantenna
- Transmit frequency & power: 24.165 GHz / 5mW
- Detection distance range (cars): 250 m
- Detected speed range: 0.7 – 255 km/h
- Power supply (nom, min, max): 12V / 5.4V – 30V DC
- Current consumption @ 12V DC: 40mA
- Signal outputs: 1 relay, LED
- Data outputs: No
- Interface (Standard): RS 232
- Interface (Optional): RS 485 or tty interface
- Data protocol, format: ASCII, 8N1
- Data transmission rate : 9600 Baud
- Operational temperature range: -40° – +70° Celsius
- Housing (H x W x D): 125 x 80 x 57 mm
- Housing protection class: IP 66
- Other features: manual parameter-setting / Battery discharge protection for 6V, 12V, and 24V systems / Interface only for parameter-setting
- Options: 230V-version / 2 relays with separate thresholds / 1 relay with min. and max. threshold
- Ball joint fixture: For the fixation of the detector at various posts.
- Fork mounting: For the fixation of the Falcon Basic.